Bathstore is the UK’s largest specialist bathroom retailer with over 160 stores nationwide. Bathstore prides itself in offering a wide choice of beautiful bathrooms at affordable prices. Lietcorp were specified on this project due to the versatility of our products, light quality achieved and warranty.
Our brief was to provide a retro-fit LED solution to replace two types of lighting - CDMT and halogen. It was critical that we deliver 60% energy savings whilst not compromising on light quality.
Liet D-Series was designed into the scheme, accompanied with a range of custom made bezels to enable the retro-fit into Bathstore’s range of existing fittings. The light engine is powered at different levels depending on ceiling height and whether the walk-way or product displays are being lit.
We delivered an energy save of >65% and provided a lighting solution that gives colour consistency throughout Bathstore’s displays, showing the true colour of their products stopping the inevitable question to staff “is this sink white?”
Lietcorp LED lighting solutions provided:
– 318 No. Liet D50: 28W, 4000K , 36 degree
80,000 hours L70 life
– 26 No. Liet GU10: 6.5W, 4000K , 40 degree
plug-ins, 42,000 hours L70 life
– Four types of custom made bezel plates designed by Lietcorp, powder coated in silver and white to retro-fit current fittings.
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) before LED per store £20,832
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) after LED per store £4,565
– Annual cost saving per store £15,817
– Annual carbon reduction 62.1 tonnes
– Payback (after ECA) 1.6 years
– CAPEX Required £35,459
– Capitalised over 5 years total profit uplift per store £43,626
Note: all payback and saving calculations exclude:
1) any facilities management savings associated with call-out charges to change lamps
2) air conditioning savings associated with the low heat of Lietcorp’s LED lighting