Mitchells and Butlers is one of the UK's largest restaurant, bar and pub chains and we have been working with them since 2010 on an estate-wide roll out programme, retro-fitting LEDs into existing fittings.
We worked across their brands such as; All Bar One, Browns, Toby, Harvester, Premium Country Dining, Sizzling Pub Company, Miller & Carter, Ember, Village Country Pub & Kitchen, O'Neills and Nicholsons, across circa 1,200 locations.
The main objective was to save energy through LED lighting without compromising on light quality - ambience and atmosphere is crucial to Mitchells and Butlers' customer experience.
Lighting schemes were individually designed for each brand. The main aim here was to reduce energy consumption without any compromise to the feel of the lighting.
We have installed approx. 60,000 units to date including:
– Liet AR111: 7.3W, 2,600K and 3,000K, in a variety of beam angles, 90,000 hours L70 life
– Liet MR16 Ultra: 7.5W, 2,600K and 3,000K, in a variety of beam angles, 90,000 hours L70 life
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) before LED £3,570,978
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) after LED £194,266
– Annual cost saving £3,376,712
– Annual carbon reduction 8,688 tonnes
– Payback (after ECA) 0.8 years
– CAPEX Required £3,556,546
– Capitalised over 5 years total profit uplift £13,327,015
Note: all payback and saving calculations exclude: 1) any facilities management savings associated with call-out charges to change lamps 2) air conditioning savings associated with the low heat of Lietcorp’s LED lighting