When Odeon Cinemas refurbished their flagship London venue, they commissioned Lietcorp to design a complete LED cinema lighting solution.
Theatre lighting is difficult to reach and closures for maintenance are a no-go, so Lietcorp LEDs were the perfect solution, as they are maintenance free.
High levels of colour rendering also meant that merchandise gained greater impact in the foyer areas, with rich colours, high-bright visibility.
Our lighting designers provided Odeon and its contractors with a full design and supply service including schemes for: external canopy, lobby, confectionary counter, IMAX screen, additional screens, toilets, coffee shop and bar. The lobby area required maximum illumination to give the venue a real buzz and welcoming atmosphere.
We installed Liet 12, our metal halide and PL replacement system, to deliver in excess of 1,000 lux throughout the space.
In the auditoria we supplied lighting bright enough to enable cleaners to work and dimmable during screening to just three lux, flicker-free.
Using our Controlsmart™ technology Odeon can control and monitor their lighting throughout the venue.
– Liet 3, Liet AR111, Liet AR111 Ultra, Liet D-Series and exterior A12 series.
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) before LED per site £11,000
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) after LED per site £1,000
– Annual cost saving per site £10,00
– Annual carbon reduction 24 tonnes
– Payback (after ECA) 2.5 years
– CAPEX Required £25,000
– Capitalised over 5 years total profit uplift per site £25,000
Note: all payback and saving calculations exclude: 1) any facilities management savings associated with call-out charges to change lamps 2) air conditioning savings associated with the low heat of Lietcorp’s LED lighting