Bannatyne Group is a privately owned health club chain with over 60 locations nationwide. Lietcorp’s brief was to carry out a full LED refit of the steam room lighting and jacuzzi area at Bannatyne’s Hastings club in East Sussex.
The hot and super humid environment found in steam room lighting and sauna lighting negatively impacts the bulb life of the halogen lamps typically used. After consulting with the client, Lietcorp’s light designers specified blue 2.7w Liet 3 engine to replace the existing 35w halogens. Lietcorp then provided a full turnkey supply and install steam room lighting solution using trained subcontractors.
The result is a stunning steam room lighting solution that is both functional and contemporary in design. Beam angle, colour temperature and lighting control were all taken into consideration when selecting the right light engine, and our client has achieved significant reductions in energy, bulb and facilities management costs.
The following LED lighting replacements were made:
– 12 No. 35W halogens replaced with 12 No. Liet 3 in midnight blue, 2.7W, 125,000 hour L70 life
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) before LED per site £485
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) after LED per site £12
– Annual cost saving per site £473
– Annual carbon reduction 1 tonne
– Payback (after ECA) 1.4 years
– CAPEX Required £882
– Capitalised over 5 years total profit uplift per site £1,483
Note: all payback and saving calculations exclude: 1) any facilities management savings associated with call-out charges to change lamps 2) air conditioning savings associated with the low heat of Lietcorp’s LED lighting