Old Bank Hotel is a boutique hotel and restaurant in the heart of Oxford, England.
The quality of the venue’s food and accommodation are renowned internationally. Lietcorp’s brief was to develop a new hotel lighting design to replace with LEDs the existing R111 halogen and incandescent lighting in the restaurant, reception and bar areas. The aim was to maintain the hotel’s character and achieve significant savings in energy, lamp and facilities management costs.
Lietcorp’s lighting designers worked closely with the client to develop a hotel lighting design that optimised the beam angles, colour temperatures, lighting control and fit with existing luminaires. We then provided full turnkey LED lighting solution using trained subcontractors.
The Old Bank’s new hotel lighting design used:
– 64 No. 75W R111 lamps were replaced by 64 No. Liet AR111 Ultra: 11.8W, 2,600k, 90,000 hour L70 life
– 136 No. 50W MR16 lamps replaced by 136 No. Liet AR111 5.3W, 2,600k, 90,000 hour L70 life
– 32 No. 25W Candle lamps replaced by 32 No. Candle Liet: 3W, 50,000 hour L70 life
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) before LED £19,980
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) after LED £1,434
– Annual cost saving £18,546
– Annual carbon reduction 54 tonnes
– Payback (after ECA) 0.9 years
– CAPEX Required £24,331
– Capitalised over 5 years total profit uplift £68,399
Note: all payback and saving calculations exclude: 1) any facilities management savings associated with call-out charges to change lamps 2) air conditioning savings associated with the low heat of Lietcorp’s LED lighting