The Hilton Hotel Group has operations in over 76 countries and a portfolio of more than 530 hotels and resorts. Hilton tasked Lietcorp to retro-fit a replacement MR16 LED dimmable lighting solution for all 180 MR16 (50w) halogen lamps in the restaurant of Hilton’s Reading Hotel.
The replacement MR16 LED dimmable lighting solution needed to have full dimming functionality in order to retain the restaurant’s ambience during evening dining. It was important customers did not notice any change in the restaurant’s character and atmosphere.
The new LED light installation maintains a consistent colour temperature throughout the restaurant and cuts running costs by up to 90 per cent.
Lietcorp is now working with Hilton throughout the UK to make further energy savings, improve their carbon footprint and reduce maintenance costs.
Our lighting designers worked with the Hilton Hotel Group to identify a solution to meet Hilton’s objectives. The following MR16 LED dimmable equivalent lights were installed:
– Liet AR111: 5.3W, 2,600K, 60 degree, snow-white recessed bezel, 90,000 hours L70 life
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) before LED £8,869
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) after LED £501
– Annual cost saving £8,368
– Annual carbon reduction 28.8 tonnes
– Payback (after ECA) 1.9 years
– CAPEX Required £16,000
– Capitalised over 5 years total profit uplift £25,840
Note: all payback and saving calculations exclude: 1) any facilities management savings associated with call-out charges to change lamps 2) air conditioning savings associated with the low heat of Lietcorp’s LED lighting