Pitcher & Piano is a chain of high street bars owned and operated by Marstons Taverns Plc. Their Nottingham site was converted from a church to a very successful bar and restaurant.
Lietcorp’s lighting designers worked closely with the client to complete this full pub lighting fixtures refit without loss of ambience or compromise to the company’s strong brand character. We also supported and trained the client’s preferred electrical installer.
The pub lighting fixtures installed highlight the building’s character, improves energy efficiency and delivers long-term financial savings.
Lietcorp’s brief was to replace the existing halogen and tungsten pub lighting fixtures with an LED lighting solution. The aim was to maintain the ambience while achieving a significant reduction in energy, bulb and facilities management costs.
– 50 No. 50W R111 lamps were replaced by x50 Liet AR111: 5.3W, 2,600K, 90,000 hour L70 life
– 85 No. 50W MR16 lamps replaced by x85 Liet AR111: 5.3W, 2,600K, 90,000 hour L70 life
– 46 No. 50W MR16 lamps replaced by x46 Liet 3: 2.7W, 2,600K, 125,000 hour L70 life
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) before LED per site £12,144
– Annual operating cost (electricity, lamp & FM) after LED per site £586
– Annual cost saving per site £11,558
– Annual carbon reduction 25 tonnes
– Payback (after ECA) 1 year
– CAPEX Required £16,002
– Capitalised over 5 years total profit uplift per site £41,788
Note: all payback and saving calculations exclude: 1) any facilities management savings associated with call-out charges to change lamps 2) air conditioning savings associated with the low heat of Lietcorp’s LED lighting